My motto is; “Everyone deserves to live in a beautiful space”..
All you need is some common sense and a lot of good taste.. Seems easy, right?
Well, at a dinner a few days ago, sat besides me a charming gentleman, of a certain age. Very proud of himself and the works he has done to his home.
He bragged about having done most jobs with out the help of any engineer or architect; and he was a business man, with no background in architecture or engineering..
However, he had reached a point where he needed an Interior Designer. Here, his capabilities had stopped. Colors, fabrics, furniture,.. He was at his second Designer already.. No wonder! It is quite hard to pick up a project mid way.. And this is extremely challenging..
He showed me pictures of what he had done.. Need I mention some of the bad technical details, which jumped at me in the pics?? Let’s not elaborate.. I’m only saying this, because most of these faults will eventually lesser the beautiful outcome of his home. Too bad!
And then, the perspectives and elevations from his ID…
Good start, as these visuals, as I had wrote about them in my previous article, “Visualizing.. To make a good choice”! https://onetrueblue.com/2018/09/22/visualizing-to-make-a-good-choice/ , are of the utmost importance..
Some nice designs, however, and as I had said to him; “You can feel the difference”.. Where his ideas stopped, where the first designer’s ideas where and where the latest one started! It is very hard for three different people, who think in three different ways, to achieve one whole and harmonious finish, in one specific area.. And on top of it all, he as the client, is still entitled to have his inputs and likes.. And consulting with me!! Imagine the scenario..
Don’t take it upon yourself to do what you can give the professionals to do.. They will make you reach higher results.. Let me tell you why;
- First of all, you will be saving yourself a lot of money.. To repeat, and do over again and again is very costly in the end.. Especially when you are on a budget, as the ID has a trained sense of what needs to be done and when it needs to be done.
- You definitely save yourself a lot of time and hardships..
- You make sure no technical errors exist, whether hidden or clear.
- You have a harmonious liaison between all the contractors and yourself as the client, to have all issues addressed professionally, and to have a final project and outcome that fits together beautifully..
- You get to benefit from the contacts the ID has, when it comes to contractors, furniture, lighting, accessories, … , just to name a few.
- You guarantee a space that is simply amazing!
My advise to you; your amazing good taste and eye are very helpful, and will easily guide your ID in creating for you, your dream project.. But let them in, they are professionals, from the very start, so they can deliver for you “A beautiful space, you deserve to live in”..